Monday 14 November 2011

Quick Update

Got a call from the Birthing Center today confirming my 36week appointment to determine if I'll be suitable to give birth there. Fingers crossed it happens for me. I'm not really keen on a hospital birth, my mind doesn't even want to go there; although I'm yet to visit the labour ward. I'll psyche myself up to do so next week.

Haven't started antenatal classes. Waiting for Dh to get back so we can go together. I don't want him freaking out on me during labour. He's a tough, manly man, but when it comes to me being in pain he can't take it. I don't know how he'll react. Which is why I don't want a hospital birth. He'll most likely be the ones to bully them into giving me an epidural just to seem me in less pain. I don't trust him to uphold my no meds Birth Plan.

Speaking of a Birth Plan, I don't have one. I mean, I know what I want and what I don't want but I haven't put it down in writing yet.

Haven't done any baby shopping whatsoever. Mainly and only because I hate shopping. What does Bob the sprout need anyway? Diapers and a bunch of little shit here and there... I'm putting it off till the last minute. Waiting for the Christmas sales to roll around. Early this year I did some shopping for my SIL who was due in February. Unfortunately she didn't let me know before the sales otherwise she would have had a mad deal. By the time I got to the shops most items had been cleared out and the ones remaining were very slim pickings. I'm determined not to make the same mistake. At the same time I'll be really pushing it, I'll be about 37 weeks by then and ready to pop.

As for Bob, he's sleeping right now. In my last ultrasound he was lying head down and has been so since about week 14. Lately however, he's been flipping between head down and transverse. I feel him turning around a lot. He's been very active too. I get the super kicks and wobbly belly effect from his activities. When he does that I could watch my belly for hours. I often wonder where he gets the energy from.

Source: Adam


One minute he is kicking me in the ribs. Next minute there's a hard lump on my left side and he's kicking me on the right side of my tummy. The hard lump is his head, and when I rub it he kicks me.... so cute! He really doesn't like it when I lie on my right side. He literally kicks and scratches in what can only be described as someone standing in front of a door, while kicking and knocking real hard. Once I change positions, he stops.

He's been a good baby, mashaAllah. I haven't had heart burn or constipation. My fatigue is getting better with the iron supplements and after sitting in the sun yesterday I feel soo much more energized today. I feel a tad out of breath every now and then, but that's to be expected.

So far it's been a great pregnancy. I've been REALLY blessed and I'm grateful. For once my body is functioning the way it's supposed to. I was so glad to see that my BMI on my maternity notes was NORMAL. What I couldn't achieve before conceiving I did afterwards, thanks to Bob. Feels great not to be lectured about my weight or have to worry about complications.


No comments:

Post a Comment