Thursday 15 July 2010

Butt Pain Extraordinaire!

As far back as I can remember, I always get an incredible butt pain around the time I ov. It's hard to understand what my rectum has to do with my ovaries, but for some weird reason when I'm ov-ing they ARE connected. It's so painful the first few hours that I can't sit down, poop or fart.

For many years now no doctor has been able to tell me what's going on. They usually tell me it's just my hormones and tell me to take pain killers and have a lie down. So I gave up asking for an explanation. But this time the pain has lingered now for over two days, not as intense, but there none the less.

I've been doing some online research, and my symptoms seem to echo those of endometreosis.

Ovulation pain can occur in women who do not have Endometriosis, but this pain will normally be a small twinge. In women with Endometriosis, ovulation pain can be rather acute. Pain usually begins 12-24 hours before ovulation and may last for a few days. It results from the normal enlargement of the ovary during ovulation which causes stretching of endometrial implants and adhesions lying on the surface of the ovary. The pain is often described as ‘stabbing’ and it may radiate throughout the pelvic area and into the buttocks and thighs. 

 I don't WANT to have endometreosis, in fact, I'd rather not have it, but if I did, it would explain the pain and give me some peace of mind - in terms of knowing what the heck has been going on all these years.

My main fear is that it'll affect my chances of conceiving. This won't be the first time that we did the bd while I had ewcm AND the royal pain the butt and nothing happened. If nothing happens this cycle, I'll have to fight to have myself checked out for endometriosis. I'm not going to be told in a patronizing tone to swallow two pills of ibuprofen and lie down!

I don't know why some doctors treat you like a whiny two year old when you complain about menstrual problems. It's like they think it's all in my head and I'm making up stories. Honestly which woman with her head screwed on correctly wants to make up wild stories just so she can have a total stranger poke around her lady bits?

Anyway, I've officially started my 2ww. I already feel miserable, thinking the worse... I pray for strength!

2 comments:

  1. Oh!!! 2ww!!! Oh my gosh they just drag! My last 2ww was a couple months back (my 1st round of clomid). I didn't O. Oh well, it wasnt the most ideal time to get pregnant either. I want to work a little while but I wanted to see if it would work. I also would like to lose some weight iA. I guess it was my impatience. Have you tried or heard of Preseed? I bought some because it seems as though most women who use it swear by it, lol.

    Besides having pain during O time, do you notice at any other periods during your cycle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dreaded 2ww, lol... I'm trying not to think about it. Whatever will be will be, :)

    Sorry about the clomid. I tried it once and my body reacted badly that's why I'm more keen on going down the natural path. I would definitely recommend the weight loss, it REALLY helps. I've heard raves about Preseed too, no harm in trying it.

    Yeah, I used to get the butt pain during bd, then I'd bleed afterwards. Also used to spot in-between my periods and of course very painful periods. All these things happened a lot but since I lost a bunch of weight they've all gone except the butt pain durng ov, which I've always had ever since I started having af's.

    ReplyDelete